The Update makes amendments to two existing Practice Directions underpinning HMCTS’s online systems for certain types of family proceedings.
- PD36G is a pilot PD which underpins HMCTS’s online system whereby applications for certain orders in relation to children, such as for a child arrangements order, can be generated online by an applicant.
- PD36G is currently stated to end on 31 October 2023.
- The Update amends PD36G to extend this end date to 31 March 2024, in line with a similar extension to PD36ZD (below).
- This pilot PD underpins HMCTS’s Private Family Law digital service (“the service”) which currently applies to applications for orders under section 8 Children Act 1989, such as for a child arrangements order, and under Part 4 Family Law Act 1996 for a non-molestation order or occupation order.
- The Update:
- amends PD36ZD to underpin the planned extension HMCTS’s Private Family Law digital service to include other types of proceedings which are listed in new paragraph 1.2A of PD36ZD (as inserted by the Update);
- extends the end date of PD36ZD to 31 March 2024.
- The Private Family Law digital service changes will be rolled out gradually, with the approval of senior judiciary.
The coming into force date for the provisions in the Update is on 31 July 2023.
Please click here for the full update.
If you have any queries on the above, please contact me at FPRCsecretariat@justice.gov.uk