Please click here to read the revised standard family orders and accompanying ‘House Rules’ just published.
All orders made by the Family Court and the High Court (Family Division) are to be in the standard forms adapted as appropriate to the facts of the case. Please note some of the changes:
- The orders incorporate, among other updates, an updated Deprivation of Liberty order, an updated standalone Port Alert order, reference to the “Planning Together for Children Course” instead of the “Separated Parents Information Programme”, and the correct contact details for any disclosure request to NHS England.
- The orders incorporate bespoke headings for the Family Court and the Family Division.
- The children orders reduce significantly the use of recitals. In general, recitals now appear at the end of children orders, giving greater prominence to the body and substance of the orders.
- Warning notices have been updated and made consistent.
- In the children orders, there are separate orders for different stages of public law and private law proceedings, all of which have been made more streamlined.